FAQs – Frequently Asked Questions

These are some of the FAQs which we are asked. If you don’t see the answer to your question then please give us a call on 01626 8625005 or email us at homes@hazelwood.co.uk

Yes, of course

A Hazelwood Holiday Home is a specially designed mobile park home. It is built to residential specifications so that it is as comfortable and warm in winter as it is in summer. They feel like normal homes inside and are far superior to a caravan.

Each home comes fully furnished to your specifications, sited, connected to services, and a base with steps. Prices start from £114,995 for a 2 bedroom 42 x 13ft Lodge and £159,995 for a large 3 bedroom 42 x 20ft lodge (correct as of March 2022 and subject to change).

Brand new holiday homes can be kept on the same pitch for up to 40 years. (Subject to you maintaining the home in good condition). Pre-owned holiday homes are sold with an existing agreement of a specified length which you need to check with the seller. These can not be extended.

Some of our customers have bought their homes purely as an investment and others just rent out their homes for the peak summer holiday weeks so that it’s annual expenses are covered. For more information have a look here. If you want your new holiday home to earn money or just cover it’s running costs you can enter the Buy to Let scheme.  Buy to Let agreements are limited to a few years and maintenance and decorative standards will need to be reached in order to continue to let them.

Most second hand holiday homes do not have Buy to Let agreements and cannot be let commercially.

We do not have residential planning permission. Our local council does not allow permanent residency in our holiday homes. As well as the planning and licensing restrictions on Hazelwood Holiday Park, the Council will also miss out on the Council Tax you should be paying as a resident. If you live here you would require use of public services such as the health centres, libraries, and hospitals etc. and the Council funds these. Teignbridge District Council regularly check that Hazelwood Holiday Park and its customers are not breaking the conditions of the site licence.  Anywhere you live for more than half the year (ie 183 days in total) is deemed to be the place you reside.  Therefore one person cannot stay more than half the year in our holiday homes.

If you buy a holiday home here you will be asked to sign a legally binding document stating that you do not intend to live in your holiday home now or in the future. This document might help you understand: Advice to Holiday Home Owners.

Hazelwood Holiday Park is open for 50 weeks of the year and you and your friends and family are welcome to visit us at any time except for two weeks in February (5pm 31st January – 9am 15 February).

If you want to visit your holiday home for every school holiday – Half terms, Easter, Summer and Christmas this would amount to only 112 days so you have another 70 days or 35 weekends to visit.  Of course, other members of your family or your friends can visit when you’re not.

Our holiday lodges must always be a ‘second home’.  You must have a residence where you pay your council tax and are registered with a doctor etc.  Anywhere one person lives for more than 183 days (a total of half a year) is considered by law to be their residential address – so sorry , you can’t live in them.

For more information give our team a call

We currently charge an amount of £3,840.91 per year for our standard model size and  £4934.74 per year for our larger models (including VAT). This includes pitch fee, standing charges (like ground maintenance, rubbish removal, etc.), and business rates. The fee is reviewed annually in March in line with the retail price index for January. The next review will be for annual fees starting May 2023.

For existing homes there is an annual charge for water and sewerage (reviewed every March). We supply LPG (liquid petroleum gas) from our own bulk tanks, and invoice our customers quarterly. Generally electricity is also supplied by Hazelwood Holiday Park and again billed quarterly. To spread the cost of payment you can set up a monthly standing order.

Finance is available for this type of holiday home subject to your status. Because our holiday homes are mobile homes and not made of bricks and mortar a standard mortgage is not usually available. You can, of course, remortgage your permanent residence to raise money, alternatively use a finance house.

Yes you can. The Park is laid out on an open plan basis with no fences or hedges between homes. We have a lot of wildlife here too so we ask that when you’re out and about you keep them on a lead and under control at all times. It goes without saying that you also need to pick up your dogs mess.

Yes you can. If you have a wireless enabled devise you will be able to use our third party wifi company, called Vfast, in your lodge. Packages of 30Mbps and 50Mbps are available. We also have free wifi hotspots in the Clubhouse, wifi room by Reception.

Of course! Each new holiday home can have the added extra of a hot tub and we can add the price to our quote depending on which model you choose. Our staff can even help you maintain it.

Each leisure home has a driveway with parking for one car. There are visitor parking areas on the Park for your guests.

Generally there is very good mobile reception especially for 02, and EE.