Cycle The Exe Estuary Trail
Did you know there are miles of flat easy cycling from Hazelwood Park all the way around the Exe Estuary to Exmouth? You can even take the ferry on the way back.
Devon’s new designated cycle path is set for full completion this summer. The addition of the new bridge between Topsham and Exton means you barely have to meet a main road the entire time.
Here are the latest details provided by www.cycledevon.info.
A new cycle hire shop has just opened by the beach. Here are the details Exe Trail Cycle Hire
What about Mountain Biking? Well that can be found at at Haldon Forrest Park just up the road, They have all sorts of trails from beginner to hard core ridge riding. You can even have a go at Segway riding too. Here are the details of Go-Segway.
If BMX racing is more your thing then check out Decoy Park in Newton Abbot. It is a great family day out. They even hosted the regional finals a few years ago. Have a look at this you tube video:
Let’s get active. Enjoy yourselves!
If you are interested in hiring a bike why not contact EXEplore Cycle Hire which provides many handy services:
– standard bike hire (drop off and collection)
– a delivery service – so you and your family can be dropped off somewhere and cycle back
– a pick up service – so you and your family can cycle somewhere and get a lift back
– join an organised excursion with hire bikes or your own bikes (see the website)
– bring your own bikes and make use of the pick up and drop off taxi service.
The organisers are very friendly and if you contact them they can give you advice about the surrounding area and which routes will suit your ability levels.